Sunday, February 15, 2009





I took off my hat and sat in the middle seat. It was boiling hot, as if the sun was melting the hard plastic. A fat, podgy lady came and pulled the barrier over my head. It was glazed with sweat. “Emily! Why did you agree to doing this?!” I thought to myself furiously. The ride started. Up and up it went taking us up into the clouds. My heart was hammering inside my chest as if it wanted to get out and fly away. I could taste the cool air rushing into my face at the speed of light. The smell of fear was making its way into my nostrils. We were at the top. The view was amazing but I knew what went up had to come down. For a few seconds we were stranded up there. I was starting to wonder if the machine was broken but immediately it flew down. I was gasping for breath. The feeling lasted a few seconds but then everything was silent. My barrier rose and I collapsed. The sound of gasping could be heard clearly. It was then that I realised it was over.
By Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment