Sunday, February 15, 2009




I knew that if I failed now, I would be in big trouble but more than that I would be a disgrace at the Chinese Festival and to the Golden Season Dance Academy. I had completed most of the dance but now came the worst bit. I was made to ballet spin with the long, red, Chinese traditional silk ribbon all the way across the stage! Getting tangled in the ribbon would be quite an amusement to the crowd. I waited nervously. My legs and arms were shaking more than ever before. Then, it was my turn. I held out the ribbon and prepared myself to spin and this was when I publicly humiliated myself on stage. I spun and stupidly I was not focusing. I tangled the ribbon around my legs and almost tripped. That was when I tasted doom! It was like a nightmare. I frantically undid the tangle and continued at a steady pace. I heard the loud booming music playing with the audience laughing at my embarrassment. The heavy smell of powdery make-up on my face was making me dizzier every second. Eventually I reached the other side and that was when the realisation hit me that I had failed.
By Vivian

No comments:

Post a Comment