Sunday, February 15, 2009



I have never seen this type of flower before. I stoped to stare at its purple, star-shaped with yellow stripes. I turned around to follow the rest of the group, except there was no group! I turned in all directions, but still there was no sign. I trudged along the riverbed, birds and cicadas chirping all around me. The dense forest loomed over me, making me feel incredibly small. “Aarrgghh” I dropped into a knee-deep pool of mud. I could feel the mud seeping between my toes, sticking to my skin. The mud splashed into my mouth while I waded across the pool. Despite the foul tasting mud in my mouth, I trudged on until I saw some stones lying across the riverbed. I washed my feet in the river and crossed it. The dense vegetation suddenly broke away as I stepped into the shadow of the farm-house. I felt relieved, I was not lost after all.
By Zhong

1 comment: